Gas Safety Awareness For Social Housing Administrators, Managers and Non Gas Operatives
wGas Safety Awareness in Social Housing – Level 2
Aimed at non-technical Social Housing staff, Managers, Surveyors, Administrators, and Non Gas Accredited Field Operatives, the Level 2 Gas & Combustion Safety Awareness qualification is ideally suited to anyone who works within the administration or call center function of gas safety and related trades contracts, and needs a good understanding and awareness of the technical aspects of gas and combustion safety to assist with enquiries they may receive from tenants or from visiting their homes and to understand terminology they may encounter in handling Landlord Gas Safety Records, repairs documentation and technical reports. The course is also suited to non gas accredited field operatives whose work can affect the gas safety of an installation.
The objective of this qualification is for learners to;
- Understand the Principal and Common dangers of gas and combustion fuels in domestic properties
- Understand the Legislation and Responsibilities Surrounding Gas Safety
- Learn how to contribute to the prevention of gas explosion and carbon monoxide
- Know the types of gas and hydrocarbon fuels used in domestic dwellings and the requirements for correct combustion
- Understand the effects that Carbon Monoxide can have on the human body,
- Know how Carbon Monoxide detectors should be used to reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning,
- Know how to identify the signs of an appliance which has combustion/flue/ventilation problems,
- Understand the requirements for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations,
- Understand the requirements placed upon gas installers to work legally in domestic properties,
- Understand the actions necessary in the event of an escape of gas or report of fumes
The course consists of a guided learning session followed by a written examination of which learners must achieve a grade of 90% to receive the Level 2 award accredited by UK Gas Safety & Competence
This course can be completed in less than half a day and results in a Level 2 VRQ award in gas safety awareness.
Discounts apply for groups of more than 5 employees. This course is available on our open university platform, or on your own training systems under licence. The course is also available in centre or in house at your own premises
- Correctly managing gas safety related communications with customers, engineers, and tenants.
- Dealing with reported gas escapes, carbon monoxide reports and possible fire or explosion
- Legal responsibilities set upon a landlord or business working with gas
- Relevance of Gas Safety
- How to recognise basic unsafe situations and how to deal with them
If you would like to enrol more than one student onto this course simply complete the form below and we will contact you by (email or phone if preferred) with preferred costing and training options
Students using the shop to purchase this course will benefit from same day access. All students are added to our certification database and can access a copy of their certificate any time in the future. All certificates are posted within 7 days of completion. If you require this certificate sooner, or in time for an interview there is a small EXPRESS CERTIFICATION fee of £5.
Existing members who are wishing to complete our range of CPD training products automatically receive a 25% discount coupon for any additional purchases in the future.